Oscars Party Live Thread

Home Forums Public Forums General Discussion Oscars Party Live Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 293 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Keymaster

Hey All,

After exhausting a lot of options, we decided to host the Oscar “live chat” here on the message boards. This may not be ideal, but at least everyone that has registered on the website can join.

Last night I posted in the Awards Journey that there is some last minute controversy regarding Holdovers plagiarism. That story is here, and I imagine it’ll be a hot topic tonight and the days to come. There’s still a lot unknown although it sounds like this has been discussed behind the scenes for awhile.

Rodney Wade
    Participant

Now we know where Payne got the term “Penis Cancer” from. I’d be very interested in looking at both screenplays, side-by-side. It’s a shame because I love that movie and is on my own top list this year.

Aaron
    Keymaster

Agreed. One thing from the article that was interesting is they say the only non-plagiarized scene is when the teacher tells a story of a plagiarized paper. That film hit close to home for both Andrea and me, but in different ways.

Aaron
    Keymaster

What is everyone eating? We used to have a thing where we bought food from Oscar nominated films, but not sure I want to eat what they had in Oppenheimer and The Holdovers. Now, get me to Portugal and I’ll eat the shit out of those pastries from Poor Things!

Mark Hurne
    Participant

They put shit in the pastries in Poor Things????!!!!!!!!!

Rodney Wade
    Participant

I was going to have a couple of friends for dinner in honor of Society of the Snow, but they missed their plane.

Aaron
    Keymaster

Alright, since we’re talking shit and life threatening situations, I’ll let the cat out of the shit bag. We are having dip. Similar to SuperBowl dip, but movie variety.

At some point I hope my better half talks about the ghosts of Oscars past where we really did make food based on Oscar nominees. (It was easier when there were 5 nominees)

Mark Hurne
    Participant

No special food for us. We used to host a Super Bowl party but no Oscars Party. My wife works nights including Sunday night so no dice there. Maybe someday. I’m having salad, noodle soup with tofu, and some potsticker dumplings…..

Andrea West
    Participant

I think we stopped that tradition when the Oscars increased from 5 to 10 Best Picture nominees!

Andrea West
    Participant

I think we tried one year with 10 beers, but that was excessive.

I told Aaron I just wanted pizza this year.

Joseph Petrucelli
    Participant

Pizza from The Doughfather down the street over here!

Aaron
    Keymaster

We basically did dips this year. Pizza sounds like a good choice!

Weird that it starts at 7pm even with DLS time.

Christian Ortiz
    Participant

We’re probably doing leftover Sunday maybe some quesadillas with some leftover meats.

Andrea West
    Participant

I’ll appreciate the show starting an hour early, but I hope the golf playoff will be over by then! Watching red carpet coverage on social media.

Yes, I love red carpet shows. 😉

Christian Ortiz
    Participant

Hey Rodney I found this on Reddit it linked to a Google drive with Frisco. Can’t comment on authenticity but would be curious how close/not it is to Holdovers.

2013 Screenplays

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 293 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.